The Kano state government has disclosed that President Buhari gave his consent for the lockdown in the state to be relaxed despite a spike in the number of confirmed COVID19 cases.
Governor Abdullahi Ganduje announced on Saturday that Mondays and Thursdays would be lockdown free days, especially between 10am and 4pm to enable residents shop for food.
Nigerians took to Twitter to condemn this decision, particularly because the state has witnessed a spike in the number of COVID19 patients in recent days.
The state Ministry of Health via its Twitter handle, disclosed that the lockdown was with the President’s consent.
”Press Statement!!! @KanostateNg relaxes #lockdown on Mondays & Thursdays from 10:00am – 4:00pm with the consent of the President
@MBuhari . General public are to adhere strictly to #COVID19Kano protocols as given by the health professionals” the tweet read
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization