O'Diakpo Obire PhD, a front line governorship aspirant 2019, while wishing Deltans a happy Democracy day, he said every democracy succeeds because of the inbuilt robust and dynamic interplay of different political actors from different political parties or ideologies. This is one of the hallmarks of democracies in the Western world. No single party remains in power in perpetuity. Any party that fails to deliver on its mandate is voted out of power. This is why such democracies make political parties draw up manifestoes which they work to implement to endear themselves to the people.
Sadly, this is not the case in Delta State. Political dynasties have been created. They take advantage of the poverty of the people to perpetuate themselves in power. Since the return of democracy in 1999, one party has held the reins of power in the state. This has given rise to nepotism, kleptocracy and inefficient and ineffectual governance.
The reign of PDP in Delta State must come to an end, because it has never served the interest of the common man. It is now a circus where individuals in the corridors of power have been recycling themselves with no fresh ideas to run the state for the benefit of the people.
Today, the State is neck deep in debts. Delta State is one of the richest States in Nigeria, yet the citizens remain poor and jobless.
The state has nothing to show for the past two administration despite huge allocations from oil. This cannot continue. While many states in Nigeria such as Lagos, Kaduna, Edo, Akwa Ibom, Oyo, Cross River, Rivers are inching towards infrastructure and economic sustainability, Delta State is weighed down with humongous debts.
Fellow Deltans, crude oil is a finite resource and its days are numbered. Sooner than later, oil will run out. Without voting in visionary leadership at this time to create a State that is self-sustaining and independent of oil just as Lagos, worse poverty will stare us in the face. This is the time for every Deltan to demand a better political representation at all levels.
It is time we tried another party and another set of leaders. We cannot continue with one party forever. Enough is enough. If we have different parties winning and losing, the competition to win power will engender good governance because political parties will want to deliver on their mandate, lest they will be kicked out.
Okowa's so-called Smart Agenda is NOT working. There is even NOTHING smart about the agenda. It is a scam. Pouring asphalt over a few roads that are washed away in one season, is not a smart agenda.
This is not time to choose leaders based on ethnic and other sentiments. This is the time to choose leaders based on capacity, character and competence. We cannot continue to be one of the richest state in Nigeria on paper and have no signature infrastructure project or sustainable economic growth to show for it.
If we must sustainably develop, then the hegemony of the Ibori political dynasty must end. Let another party enter the stage with another ideology and actors. Today, Edo State is sustainably developing because of fresh leaders and ideas different from the prebendal ideology of PDP. Edo State was almost ran aground by PDP until Oshimhole entered the stage. Like Edo people, we must take our destiny in our hands.
It took Oshiomhole to change the trajectory of development in Edo. Fortunately Delta State has a Dr. Obire who has the capacity, character and competence to turn the State around.
He is a tested business man, an achiever and a pragmatic leader who understands the dynamics of what it takes to lead Delta from the shackles of political and economic decadence.
The good people of Edo State marched en masse to the polls to effect a change of leadership and Party that has positively turned things around for them. Let it be our turn in Delta to turn around the negative narrative of the State. Let the apathy stop. When the time comes, let us vote a man who can change things for the better for us to bequeath a better life to our children and generations unborn.
As we celebrate Democracy Day, let us reflect on the dismal state of the affairs of our dear Delta and make a solemn pledge to end the reign of impunity in 2019.
Together, we can make Delta State one of the most economically viable States in Nigeria where government truly works for the betterment and empowerment of the people.
Happy Democracy Day!
Support Dr. Obire for Governor, Delta State, 2019
Recommend for you
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Supreme Court takes decision on PDP’s INEC server claim
- EFCC denies raiding Akinwunmi Ambode’s residence
- I will lift not less than 100 million Nigerians from poverty – Buhari Boast
- Angry ‘side chick’ burns down the house of her ‘boo’ after he called her for intimacy at 4am but slept off before she arrived
- Miracle !! Woman Alleged kidney stones Patient gave birth to triplets
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 35
- Adamawa State 16
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 10
- Benue State 9
- Borno State 16
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 227
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 13
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1030
- Gombe State 10
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1514
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 10
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 9
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 12
- Lagos State 147
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1114
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 15
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 13
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 26
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 9
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9