The prospect of situating a Federal Polytechnic in Orogun, Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State have been boosted after the community donated 100 hectares of land for the take-off of the polytechnic.
Deputy Senate President, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege at a public hearing on a Bill for an Act to Establish the Federal Polytechnic Orogun, 2019, said, Orogun as the host community of this new institution is a great and perfect choice based on ‘centrality theory’.
Omo-Agege said the Orogun clan donated the 100 hectares landmass for the immediate development of academic infrastructure for the institution, stressing that with tens of active onshore oil wells and huge gas deposits, Orogun is one of the geese laying the golden eggs that sustain the nation’s giant economic strength for several decades now.
In his remarks at the public hearing, Senator Omo-Agege, popularly known as the Obarisi of Urhoboland said based on centrality, Orogun has a natural advantage of catering for the academic needs of Deltans without putting unbearable burdens on them.
The Proposed Orogun Federal Polytechnic, will provide over 2,000 direct and indirect Employment to the community and nearby Communities
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer