The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has been cautioned on the implication of rushing to parade arrested suspects.
Chairman of Ovation Media Group Dele Momodu called on the EFCC to stop such act.
He said EFCC should stop the parade of suspects who have not been prosecuted and convicted.
Mr Momodu’s appeal came after the EFCC’s latest parade of 10 internet fraud suspects in Lagos.
“I wish to appeal to EFCC & security agencies to stop rushing to parade pictures of young Nigerians on social media pages when their cases have not been prosecuted and they’re not convicted,” he said on Tuesday.
“This habit may permanently damage some of these guys permanently if later found innocent.”
Momodu also urged the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) to intervene in the matter.
“Our dear @officialefcc please, it is not every young Nigerian carrying laptop that is a Yahoo Yahoo fraudster… There is no way of repairing the damage of rushing to post pictures of innocent ones amongst the accused. I will appeal immediately to the NBA to intervene speedily,” he said.
The media mogul added that having a laptop should not be “automatically criminalised” in Nigeria.
“Many youths in most countries today make a living from IT and we should encourage ours,” he said.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today , Latest Naija News Loaded ,
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of www.ejesgist.com Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State