Dr. Shola Eshiobo, the Dean of Students at Auchi Polytechnic in Auchi, Edo State, was found dead in his office on Sunday after going to the office and not returning.
The deceased’s wife notified their neighbours and family members that her husband had not returned home since leaving for work on Saturday.
“He left home on Saturday afternoon, saying he was going to the office to attend to some official matter,” a source said. When he has a lot on his plate, he usually goes to the office. The wife began calling his line around 9 p.m. when he was still not home, but there was no response and the call was not returned. She tried until late in the evening, but received no response.
“She raised the alarm early on Sunday morning, telling everyone that her husband had gone to work on Saturday but had not returned.
”They went to his office, saw his car in the parking lot, but when they got there, they found him dead in his office.”
While no foul play is suspected, an autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of his death, according to the source.
The source said, “The body has been deposited at the mortuary.”
Mr Mustapha Oshiobugie, the Public Relations Officer of Auchi Polytechnic, who confirmed the incident when contacted, characterised it as unfortunate.
“We learned about the tragic incident this morning (Sunday) and immediately informed the Chief Security Officer of the situation, and the body has been taken to the morgue,” he said.
”We can’t tell anything right now,” he said, “but I believe a post mortem would disclose the cause of death.”
Pay Attention To:
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc