The trial of former National Security Adviser (NSA), Sambo Dasuki in the alleged misappropriation of Security fund brought against him by the Federal Government has been put off again by a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
This followed the inability of the Federal Government to file the list of exhibits to be tendered against the Ex-NSA as required by law.
At the resumed hearing on Thursday, counsel to Dasuki, Mr. Adeola Adedipe raised objection against the continued trial of his client on the ground that the prosecution team led by Mr. Rotimi Jacobs has not complied with some provisions of the law.
Adedipe, who stood for Joseph Daudu and Ahmed Raji, informed Justice Hussein in Baba Yusuf that contrary to Section 379 of the Administration of the Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) 2015, the prosecution has not made the list of exhibits available to Dasuki to enable him to prepare his defence in compliance with the law. Although, the prosecution has already called its witness, Mr. Michael into the box.
The objection raised by Dasuki’s counsel was agreed upon by Justice Baba Yusuf who remarked that the process of law must be complied with in the interest of justice and fair play.
Justice Baba-Yusuf said that any attempt to circumvent any section of the provision of the law can make nonsense of the trial in the end.
The court, therefore, adjourned the trial to September 27 and 28 as well as October 8 and 9, 2018 for the continuation of trial.
The court ordered that necessary processes must be filed and served on parties before the returned dates.
Dasuki, through his counsel, had objection tendering of the voluminous documents that were not clearly stated in the list of the exhibit being sought to be tendered against him by the Federal Government.
He specifically insisted that most of the documents sought to be tendered against him were from unknown people who were not listed as witnesses in his trial and that such documents are objectionable.
The position of Dasuki was adopted by other defendants in the trial, who in their submission urged the court to compel the prosecution to comply with the necessary provision of the law to make the trial go unhindered.
Also, counsel to Aminu Baba-Kusa, Mr Solomon Umoh, SAN, applied to the court for a permission of the court to allow his client to travel abroad for a medical check-up.
The application was not opposed by the government’s counsel Rotimi Jacobs who told the court that the applicant had once being gone abroad for the medical checkup on the permission of the court and came back for his trial.
Justice Baba-Yusuf, while granting the application, ordered his travelling passport be returned to him to enable go for the medical check-up and that the applicant must return to the country before the adjourned date and returned the travelling passport to the court custody.
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Fani-Kayode laments, Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gunpowder
- Kill bandits anywhere you find them –Buhari orders troops (video)
- Bloody clash averted as Ijaw youths confront Asari Dokubo over Biafran meeting
- Attack on Ekweremadu, warning to leaders, politicians – Nigerians react
- Osas Ighodaro finally removes her hubby's surname 'Ajibade' from her Instagram page (Photos)
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 10
- ABUJA FCT 34
- Adamawa State 15
- Akwa Ibom State 13
- Anambra State 10
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 8
- Bayelsa State 9
- Benue State 7
- Borno State 15
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 8
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 12
- Delta State 11
- Ebonyi State 10
- Edo State 14
- Ekiti State 10
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 224
- Enugu State 8
- Featured 12
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 1
- Full time jobs 1019
- Gombe State 9
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 8
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 7
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1503
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 126
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 92
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 136
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 290
- Jos 6
- Kaduna State 13
- Kano State 9
- Katsina State 8
- Kebbi State 7
- Kogi State 9
- Kwara State 10
- Lagos State 140
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 7
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1102
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 14
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 9
- Osun State 9
- Oyo State 12
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 6
- Rivers State 25
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 7
- Taraba State 8
- Yobe State 8
- Zamfara State 7