The Parents Teachers Association and the Association of Abducted Dapchi Children have closed down Government Girls Science Technical College Dapchi, Yobe State, over fear of a renewed attack by Boko Haram insurgents.
The school is where 104 school girls, along with the lone Christian student still in captivity, Leah Sheribu, were abducted on February 19, 2018.
A source in the school yesterday said the association shut the school following security instructions to evacuate the school girls on three different occasions.
Confirming the closure, the chairman of the abducted Dapchi schoolgirls parents association, Alhaji Bashir Manzo, said the JTF commandant in the town had, on three different days, instructed them to evacuate the girls to a traditional ruler’s house which they later felt was not a good idea.
“Just yesterday (Saturday) the palace of Mai Jajere was attacked and burnt down by the insurgents. So, we felt that it’s no longer safe to keep them there. We met and decided to send them home today (Sunday).” he said.
Manzo said they had written letters to heads of security agencies and the Ministry of Education in the state informing them about the decision they took.
“We collectively took the decision, relying on the intelligence report last Saturday that the insurgents were sighted at Sassawa village.
“The attack on Babbangida town yesterday had cleared all doubts, that was why the school authority met with the PTA and security operatives and resolved to close down the school,” he said.
He said that the students would remain at home until adequate security measures were taken to ensure their safety.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]