The news now is that angry Youths have set a truck belonging to the Dangote cement company ablaze shortly after it crushed a commercial motorcyclist and a passenger to death along the Ilaro-Ibese Road in Ogun State, Ejes Gist Nigeria reports.
Ejes Gist Nigeria correspondent gathered that the mob blocked the road and set the truck ablaze while the driver fled for his life.
The incident, which occurred on Friday evening, made some travellers on the road stranded for hours.
The Public Relations Officer, Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps, Babatunde Akinbiyi confirmed the incident on Saturday.
Speaking on the situation, Akinbiyi said policemen and civil defence corps were brought in to calm the situation.
Akinbiyi stated, “The Dangote truck reckless driver left its lane to face the motorcyclist and the pillion passenger at his back, in the other lane and crushed them to death.
“The case is being handled by the Dangote Plant Police.”
He explained further that one of the corpses of the victims had been deposited at Ilaro General Hospital morgue, while the other victim had been buried by the family.
He commiserated with the families of the victims and advised truck drivers to avoid dangerous driving.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)