Damilola Olakanmi: Mum says tragic farewell As 23-yr-old Nigerian student dies after eating Cannabis Sweet

Cannabis Sweet

Mum says tragic farewell to daughter who died after ‘eating

The heartbroken mother of a law student who died after eating what she mistook for a stayed by her bedside until her daughter passed away.

purchased the “gummies” through a messaging app and had them delivered to her home in Ilford, London, where she became ill shortly after eating them on Tuesday night.

According to detectives, the 23-year-old and her 21-year-old friend both felt sick after eating just one of the Cannabis Sweet.

WAEC 2022 Massive Recruitment for Graduates - APPLY NOW

After the two women became ill, police and paramedics were dispatched, and both women were taken to a nearby hospital, but Damilola tragically died on Saturday.

Also Read : Goodluck Jonathan In Ghastly Accident, 2 Aides Dead

Wumi, Damilola’s 51-year-old mother, kept a vigil by her daughter’s bedside until she tragically passed away, as shown in a heartbreaking photo.

Richard Taylor, 75, a justice campaigner and a relative, consoled the law student’s distraught mother on Sunday.

Damilola Olakanmi bought the "gummies" through a messaging app

Also Read : Kelechi Nwakali cries out as Huesca terminates his contract

The “gummies” ( Cannabis Sweet)  were purchased through a messaging app by Damilola Olakanmi.

According to the Evening Standard, he said: “Wumi’s only child has died, and she now has nothing. They had to support her because she would cry whenever a friend came to the house to offer support.


“It’s a tragic warning to all young people about their choices in life. They should be able to resist drugs.

“Damilola Olakanmi was a promising young woman who should be looking forward to her future and having children of her own.”

Damilola Olakanmi was a sweet, quiet, and very kind girl, according to Dunni, a relative, who told the Evening Standard that her mother looked up to her.

She stated that the family will never be able to accept the death and that they need to know what happened.

Police have issued a warning against illegal substances (file photo) ( Image:G etty Images/iStockphoto)

Following treatment, the second woman was released from the hospital.

Police have issued a warning not to buy or consume such products as a result of the death.

Pay Attention To : Victor Osimhen: Napoli sets to sell Super Eagles striker for 60billion

“I must warn the public against taking any illegal substances, including those packaged in the form of cannabis sweets,” said Chief Superintendent Stuart Bell of the Met’s East Area BCU.

“Do not purchase or consume these products.” They’re illegal, and their kid-friendly packaging puts them at risk of accidental consumption. The sweets were packaged in ‘Trrlli Peachie O’s’ packaging for this particular batch. At this time, the location of the sweets’ production is unknown.

Damilola Olakanmi died after eating Cannabis Sweet

“Drug dealers cause harm to communities and put people’s lives in jeopardy. We will take aggressive measures against those who engage in this activity as well as those who are found in possession of these substances.

“Anyone with information about people selling illegal products like these is encouraged to speak with local officers, call 101, or contact Crimestoppers to remain anonymous.”

Read Also : Jamb Latest News: JAMB announces eligibility for 2022 UTME mock, candidates to pay N1000

On April 1, Leon Brown, 37, was arrested in connection with the incident.

He was charged with possession with intent to supply a psychoactive substance, being concerned in the supply of a synthetic cannabinoid, and being concerned in the supply of a synthetic cannabinoid.

Brown, of South Norwood, south London, was arrested on Monday and was held in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court.

That is all the latest information on Mum says tragic farewell to daughter  Damilola Olakanmi who died after ‘eating cannabis sweet’



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.