Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Former Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio, yesterday defected to the All Progressives Congress from the Peoples Democratic Congress at a mega rally held at the Ikot Ekpene township stadium.
He told the huge crowd that he decided to join APC because he discovered that President Muhammadu Buhari “is a man of integrity and a nationalist’’.
2. Six members of Kano State House of Assembly on Wednesday announced their defection from the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The decamped lawmakers represent Gwarzo, Gwale, Gezawa, Rogo, Madobi and Bichi Local Government Areas of Kano state.
3. The Senate President, Bukola Saraki on Wednesday revealed what he will do if impeached by Senators.
Saraki, speaking during a World Press conference at the National Assembly, maintained that he was not desperate to stay in office, adding that if impeached by a two-third majority, he will leave.
4. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFFC, has frozen the accounts of Benue State.
Confirming the development, Terver Akase, the Chief Press Secretary to Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, said the action of the EFCC was already having impact on the running of the government of Benue, adding that the salaries of civil servants and pensions have been affected.
5. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has reportedly frozen the accounts of the Akwa Ibom State Government.
This came after similar thing happened to Benue State.
6. An Abuja High Court sitting in Jabi on Wednesday issued an order restraining the Attorney General of the Federation, the Inspector General of Police and the Nigeria Police Force from interrogating, harassing, inviting, arresting and detaining the Senate President, Bukola Saraki over April 5 Offa robbery.
The court presided by Justice M. A. Nasir of Vacation Court 2, said the order will be in force pending the hearing of the substantive matter filled by 10 human rights lawyers in suit number CV/2454/18.
7. Ahead of the 2019 general elections, Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigerian (CBCN) has barred its priests and religious leaders from endorsing aspirants to elective offices.
CBCN through its President, Most Rev Augustine Akubeze and the Secretary, Most Rev Camillus Umoh warned that it will sanction any clergy or religious leader that flouts the new order.
8. The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Wednesday attacked former President Olusegun Obasanjo for campaigning against President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election.
Tinubu claimed Obasanjo was part of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that ran Nigeria for 16 years without results.
9. Two Northern groups, Northern Emancipation Network (NEN) and the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum (AYCF) have called on the Federal Government to investigate suspected collaborators in the invasion of the National Assembly, on Tuesday.
In separate statements issued and signed by the President of the groups, Abdulazeez Suleiman and Shettima Yerima for NEN and AYCF, respectively, they said “the action taken by the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on former DSS DG Lawal Daura, should be extended to co-conspirators, which they claimed included the APC national leader, Bola Tinubu, Godswill Akpabio, Abba Kyari and a host of others.”
10. Officers of the Nigeria Police have vacated the Benue State House of Assembly complex.
The twenty-two members of the Benue State House of Assembly on Wednesday took over the Assembly complex following the withdrawal of policemen from the premises.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization