Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
- President Muhammad Buhari has appointed a new Acting Comptroller General (CG) of the Federal Fire Service (FFF) in the person of Liman AIhaji Ibrahim.
Ibrahim takes over from Mr. Joseph Anebi, whose retirement age elapsed six months back.
- President Muhammadu Buhari has declared that his second tenure is going to be “tough.”
Addressing members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) paid him a congratulatory visit at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Buhari said the last lap of his administration would be tough.
- President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Paul Usoro on Friday, appeared before Justice Rilwan Aikawa, of the Federal High Court Lagos, to answer to a 10-count charge preferred against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Hot News Just In : APC NWC Suspends Amosun, Okorocha, Usani, Okechukwu Chioma , Queries others Usoro, however, pleaded not guilty to all counts of the charge.
- The Appeal Court in Port Harcourt has struck out the appeal of Tonye Cole challenging the judgment of the Federal HighCourt that delisted the All Progressives Congress, APC, from the ballot and barred them from participating in the 2019 general elections in Rivers State.
The panel led by Justice Isaiah Akeju in a unanimous judgement struck out the appeal for lack of merit. Don’t MISS : Just in : My second term as president of Nigeria will be tough – Buhari
- The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Friday suspended Governors Ibikunle Amosun and Rochas Okorocha of Ogun and Imo states respectively.
The NWC has also recommended their expulsion from APC to the national executive committee (NEC).
- Former Governor of Oyo State and candidate of the Action Democratic Party (ADP), Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala has formed an alliance with the gubernatorial candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Adebayo Adelabu ahead of the March 9th election.
Alao-Akala while announcing that he had form the alliance with the gubernatorial candidate of APC, Mr. Adebayo Adelabu in order to win the forthcoming election, also said that he had jettisoned his ambition to contest under the ADP.
- A High Court sitting in Abuja, has ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), to stay action on the issuance of a Certificate of Return, to any candidate in Akwa Ibom North West senatorial district election.
Justice Valentine Ashi, who made the order on Friday, following an application with suit No ‘FCT/HC/M/2680/19’, with Senator Godswill Akpabio as the applicant, instructed INEC not to issue any certificate, pending the determination of the suit before the court.
- Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and former Vice President of Nigeria Atiku Abubakar on Thursday, met with the National Peace Committee.
Atiku Abubakar and his team reaffirmed that the presidential election of 23 February was the worst in the history of the country since the return to democracy in 1999.
- One of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidates for Ekiti House of Assembly, Sunday Omosilade, on Friday withdrew from participating in the election.
In a letter dated March 1, 2019, Omosilade personally signed and addressed to the State chapter of the PDP and copied to he Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the candidate said he cannot partake in an election the outcome is already determined even before votes are cast.
- The South West Zone of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Friday said it was fully in support of the party’s presidential candidate in the Feb. 23 elections, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, on his decision to challenge the polls result in court.
The National Vice Chairman of the party (South West), Dr Eddy Olafeso, gave the position at a news conference in Lagos, said the decision of Atiku to seek legal action against the results was a necessary step.
Pay Attention To:
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021