Good morning Nigerians, under are 13 most necessary things you should know as a Nigerian.
1. Former Kaduna State Governor, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, Balarabe Musa, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari authorities what to do to employers of labour who fail to implement the N30,000 new minimal wage.
The elder statesman mentioned any employer who refused to pay the wage should not be allowed to get away with it.
2. Human rights lawyer, Chief Malcom Omirhobo has filed an motion on the Federal High Court, Abuja, asking the court to cease President Muhammadu Buhari from appointing the appearing Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Muhammad Tanko as substantial CJN.
Defendants within the go well with, which he filed within the identify of Malcom Omirhobo Foundation, are the National Judicial Council (NJC), Federal Judicial Service Commission, the appearing CJN, Federal Government of Nigeria, Nigerian President, Attorney General of the federation and the National Assembly.
3. Edward Kallon, United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria, has condoled the household of British help employee, Faye Mooney, killed by gunmen at Kujuru, Kaduna.
Kallon condoled with the deceased’s household in a statement issued on Monday in Maiduguri by Smantha Newport, Communication Analyst, UN Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
4. At least, 17 people have been injured after a passenger bus ran over Christian worshippers in Numan Local Government Area of Adamawa State.
Report had it that the accident occurred earlier within the morning, round 10 am, when some Christian trustworthy have been on a procession marking the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
5. The appearing Inspector General of Police, IGP, Mohammed Adamu, Monday, ordered a speedy and complete investigation into the Gombe tragic incident involving the state Boys’ Brigade and an official of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC.
The Force Public Relations Officer, FPRO, Frank Mba mentioned eyewitness accounts have revealed that the accident occurred as a results of lack of management of the car by the motive force, alongside Gadan Malale.
6. Two individuals have been confirmed useless whereas 10 others sustained accidents in an accident involving a Mazda bus at Danliti Ayetoro space on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi, the Spokesperson, Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), defined that the accident occurred round 11am, saying that it was attributable to extreme dashing which led to lack of management.
7. The Federal Government on Monday reiterated its place that it has “largely depreciated the efficiency and efficacy of Boko Haram” insurgents.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, mentioned that for anybody to accurately assess the administration’s efficiency in combating insecurity, notably Boko Haram, the person should perceive what the state of affairs was earlier than the inception of the administration in 2015,
8. No fewer than 100 suspected examination cheats have to date been arrested by safety operatives throughout the nation in the course of the just-concluded Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has mentioned.
In its Weekly Bulletin launched in Abuja on Monday by its spokesperson, Dr Fabian Benjamin, JAMB mentioned the fraudsters have been engaged in a number of registrations to facilitate impersonation in the course of the examination.
9. Eighteen suspected informants and errand males to bandits, together with the village Heads of Doka and Mutu villages in Zamfara state, northwest Nigeria have been arrested on Saturday, by troops on operation Harbin Kunama lll following a tip off.
A statement from Sagir Musa, Colonel and Acting Director Army Public Relations, mentioned troops had additionally, primarily based on credible intelligence about bandits actions in Kirsa and Sunke in Anka Local Government Area of the state, continued with the clearance operation into the hinterland.
10. Senate President, Bukola Saraki on Monday lambasted nationwide chief of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu for attacking him.
In a statement by Yusuph Olaniyonu, his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Saraki mentioned Tinubu on Sunday launched one other of his anticipated quarterly vicious assault on his individual, saying that he was determined to be Nigeria’s president in 2023
11. The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has reacted to assert by the National Christian Elders Forum, NCEF, that the conviction of suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Walter Onnoghen, was a Jihad towards Christians.
In a statement by its Chairman, Solomon Asemota, NCEF had insisted that the event was a continuation of the “jihad that began with the overthrow of General Yakubu Gowon in 1975”.
However, MURIC charged NCEF to permit peace to reign in Nigeria.
12. Human rights lawyer, Chief Malcom Omirhobo, has filed an motion on the Federal High Court, Abuja, asking the court to cease President Muhammadu Buhari from appointing the appearing Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Muhammad Tanko as substantive CJN.
Defendants within the go well with, which he filed within the identify of Malcom Omirhobo Foundation, are the National Judicial Council (NJC), Federal Judicial Service Commission, the appearing CJN, Federal Government of Nigeria, Nigerian president, legal professional normal of the federation and the National Assembly.
13. Pandemonium broke out on Monday on the Sabonline space, Gombe, after an official of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Adamu Abdullahi, and a yet-to-be-identified man have been reportedly lynched for the killing of 9 Boys’ Brigade members.
It was gathered that the Boys’ Brigade members have been drawn from the St. Peter’s Anglican Church, Madaki, and two parishes of the Evangelical Church Winning All in Bamusa and Barunde, Gombe State.
The Boys’ Brigade members have been mentioned to be having an Easter procession when the incident occurred round 1am.
SOURCE : DAILYPOST.NG
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates