Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers as summarized by dailypost
- The Presidency has blamed recent happenings in the polity on President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki.
In an article Friday evening by Senator Babafemi Ojudu, the Political Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari in the Office of the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, the Presidency insinuated that Saraki has been working with retired General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, the Nigeria Police, Department of State Services (DSS) and Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
2.. The Commissioner for Justice and Attorney-General of Rivers State, Emmanuel Chinwenwo Aguma, SAN, is dead.
Aguma died on Friday at a hospital in London, a statement by the state Commissioner for Information and Communications, Emma Okah, said.
- Suspected gunmen yesterday attacked Tse Ujoh community in Ikyurav-Tiev in Katsina Ala Local Government Area of Benue State and left about nine persons dead.
The state Police Command spokesman, DSP Moses Yamu confirmed that nine people were killed from the attack.
- The sacked Director General of the Department of State Security Service, Lawal Musa Daura, has revealed why he deployed hooded operatives of the secret service to the National Assembly on Tuesday.
The ex-DSS boss said he acted based on intelligence report that unauthorised persons were planning to smuggle dangerous weapons and incriminating items into the complex.
- David-West, an ally of Muhammadu Buhari,said the president made a mistake with in the appointment of those working with him.
He claimed that cabal working with the president are no longer working on his interest.
- The governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Udom Emmanuel has allayed fear that he would be politically handicapped following Senator Akpabio’s Defection from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressive Congress APC assuring that he was not perturbed about his predecessors’ move.
Emmanuel said he was not perturbed by his predecessor’s defection to the APC , stressing that every person is entitled to exercise his fundamental human rights and free association.
7.The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has accused Federal Government of bias against those who defected from the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
In a statement issued by his spokesperson, Terver Akase, Ortom described those behind the plot to impeach Saraki as “enemies of democracy”.
- Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State has raised the alarm over importation of thugs by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to disrupt the today’s the House of Representatives bye-election in Lokoja/Kotonkarfe constituency, .
He specifically accused two former governors of the state, Ibrahim Idris, popularly known as Ibro, and Captain Idris Wada of spearheading the agenda.
Don’t Miss: Breaking News: APC Chieftain, Bunmi Ojo Shot Dead In Ekiti ( details)
9. Five persons were on Friday killed and several others injured in a gas explosion that rocked Okwe community in Asaba, Delta State.
It was gathered that the explosion which immediately threw Asaba and Okwe communities in sorrow and anguish was the second of its kind since this year 2018.
- Unknown gunmen have diverted a commercial 18-seater bus along with its passengers into a forest around Omurelu-Elele-Owerri road axis in Rivers State.
PAY ATTENTION: Ahmed Musa Gets Red Carpet Welcome at Al-Nassr
It was gathered that the 18-seater bus was traveling from Owerri, in Imo State to Port Harcourt, Rivers State when they were ambushed by armed suspected kidnappers around Omurelu-Elele new road.