Good morning! Here is today’s recap from Nigerian Newspapers.
1. The Governor Samuel Ortom-led Benue State Government has actually accepted the amount of N30, 000 new base pay for civil slaves in the state.
Ortom’s Adviser on Labour Matters, Hon. Ode Enyi stated Ortom accepted N30. 999k at a conference on Thursday.
2. Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, the Minister of Finance, Budget and also National Planning has actually divulged that the application of Value Added Tax (VAT) increase from five per cent to 7.5 per cent will take effect from Feb. 1.
Ahmed stated this throughout the commencement of the Chairman and also Board participants of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) in Abuja on Thursday.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari will certainly leave Abuja Friday for London to join the inaugural UK-Africa Investment Summit hanging on Monday, January 20, 2020.
Hosted by the British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, the occasion, according to the organisers, is anticipated to combine African leaders, international organization president and also heads of international organisations “to create new partnerships that will deliver more investments and jobs” to the advantage of people and also organizations in African nations and also the United Kingdom.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari has actually sent out the name of Dr Kingsley Isitua Obiora to the Senate for verification as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.
Buhari’s election of Obiorah was consisted of in a letter sent out to the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan.
5. The Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) has actually shared N716.298 billion to the 3 rates of federal government for the month of December 2019.
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Budget and also National Planning, Alhaji Isa Dutse, stated the Federal Government obtained N287.929 billion, the State Governments obtained N191.302 billion, and also the Local Government Councils obtained N143.698 billion.
6. Governor Nyesom Wike has actually accepted the repayment of the N30,000 base pay regular monthly income for staff members of the Rivers State Public Service.
A statement by the Commissioner for (*10*) and also Communications, Paulinus Nsirim, specified that the authorization of the N30,000 base pay features the substantial income changes as accepted by the Federal Government.
7. Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, claims Nigeria and also bulk of other African nations are not yet all set for the application of the ECOWAS Single Currency, “Eco,” in 2020.
Onyeama, that made this understood on Thursday in Abuja while talking with Journalists, described that Nigeria’s placement on the solitary money was concurred by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Member States.
8. The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) on Friday increased the alarm system over what it referred to as the effort of the trainers of Amotekun to approve birth certifications registered just in churches as one of the pre-requisites for qualification for employment right into the security outfit.
Professor Ishaq Akintola, MURIC Director asserted that the team is not sensitive to any type of state or area taking actions focused on supporting the impact of the security obstacles presently dealing with Nigeria, he stated the method needs to be clear, ensuring, all-inclusive and also have a proof of great intent.
9. The Minister of State for Labour and also Productivity, Mr Festus Keyamo, has actually defined the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as a really unserious resistance.
Keyamo stated this while condemning the PDP’s response to the judgement of the Supreme Court which eliminated Mr Emeka Ihedioha as the guv of Imo State.
10. Suspected armed outlaws, on Thursday, apparently eliminated fourteen people in a strike in Babban Rafi town, Gwalli District of Gummi city government location of Zamfara State.
A source from Barikin Daji town, that sought for privacy, stated that the outlaws went to the town on motorcycles numbering over 40 around 9 a.m
Credit : Dailypost
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers