OBUBRA—A bloody communal conflict between the people of Izzi Local Government Area of Ebonyi State and their neighbours from Osopong 1 & 2 in Obubra Local Government Area of Cross River State is feared to have left 3 individuals useless, 3 severely injured and scores of homes reportedly set ablaze.
The bloody conflict which was mentioned to have erupted on the 24th of March, 2019 has reportedly left the communities in Osopong 1 & 2 abandoned by the Izzi people as the people had been mentioned to have fled the neighborhood.
Consequently, the people of Obubra have despatched a save our soul, SOS, to the Cross River State Government to urgently rescue them from being worn out by Izzi people.
According to the Mbembe People Assembly, MPA President, Hon King Omenyi from the realm knowledgeable weetalknaija Blog that “over 3 individuals have been killed, 3 severely injured within the fracas whereas a number of homes and yam banks price hundreds of thousands of naira have been set ablaze in Ofonekom, Idoru and Ijutum communities.
“Recalled that, the governor, Ben Ayade had called for a reconciliation meeting which was held in Port Harcourt, to see how the major waring communities would embrace a long lasting peace, yet the Wawas are still invading and killing our people”, Omenyi added.
“After that, they went and bolstered and launched an unprovoked assault with subtle weapons, killing and destroying homes. The casualties we now have recorded on this assault are solely on our personal aspect. If the federal government fails to intervene instantly, our communities could also be worn out due to the stress coming from the Wawas”.
“We want the government to bring the National Boundary Commission to, as a matter of urgency, come and demarcate our boundary with Ebonyi State as the best permanent solution to constant clashes between us and the Ebonyi people,” Omenyi mentioned
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)