The Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, has said the federal government denied the Kano State government N15billion to fight COVID-19 because the latter prioritized his quest for money over preliminary proactive engagement to overcome the disease in the state.
The Special Adviser made the revelation on Thursday morning as he responded to questions on the program ‘As E Dey Hot’ on Wazobia FM, Kano.
Adesina explained:”The federal government assisted Lagos State with N10 billion only because it was satisfied the government of Lagos started on the right footing, rolling out proper plans and mobilizing its fund to fight the pandemic.”
He said “Lagos state was only scouting for technical, manpower and facility supports, not financial support”, adding that the “Buhari government felt obliged to lend a financial hand not because it was asked to, but because it was convinced it should.”
According to Daily Independent, Adesina revealed that all the governors directly asking for money at the start of their COVID-19 crisis may not get it, saying that was why the president sent technical support to Kano State which the government felt was what the state needed most at the material time.
It was not clear from his response if the federal government will eventually grant Kano State’s request for financial support which was alleged to be in the region of N15 billion.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health