NNPC Sacks 100 Staff
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC) has discontinued the services of over 100 workers as the oil firm rehabilitates its refineries.
The workers affected are those contracted by selected contractors to work at refineries.
NNPC disengaged the contractors, over 100 persons who were contracted by about five contracting outfits were asked to leave because of the ongoing rehabilitation work at the refineries.
According to the Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, NNPC, Kennie Obateru, the corporation was working to revive the refineries and make them deliver at least 90 per cent of their refining capacities.
READ ALSO: Finally! Presidency Confirms Prof Gambari’s Appointment As New Chief Of Staff (PHOTOS)
Obateru said, “The people concerned are not our direct staff. We have contractors who supply us labour, they could be 10, 20 or more and they are just engaged for the period for which their services are needed.
It could be one or two months, but usually not more than three months.
“So the contractor supplies the workers. But from what we have seen, our experience is that because a contractor is used to working with some people, each time we ask for supply, he uses some of these persons repeatedly.
People Search Google for
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022