NNPC Sacks 100 Staff
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC) has discontinued the services of over 100 workers as the oil firm rehabilitates its refineries.
The workers affected are those contracted by selected contractors to work at refineries.
NNPC disengaged the contractors, over 100 persons who were contracted by about five contracting outfits were asked to leave because of the ongoing rehabilitation work at the refineries.
According to the Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, NNPC, Kennie Obateru, the corporation was working to revive the refineries and make them deliver at least 90 per cent of their refining capacities.
READ ALSO: Finally! Presidency Confirms Prof Gambari’s Appointment As New Chief Of Staff (PHOTOS)
Obateru said, “The people concerned are not our direct staff. We have contractors who supply us labour, they could be 10, 20 or more and they are just engaged for the period for which their services are needed.
It could be one or two months, but usually not more than three months.
“So the contractor supplies the workers. But from what we have seen, our experience is that because a contractor is used to working with some people, each time we ask for supply, he uses some of these persons repeatedly.
People Search Google for
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]