The Federal Government says coronavirus isolation and treatment centres in the country are running out of bed spaces, The PUNCH reports.
Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, revealed this on Friday during a briefing by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja.
While delivering his address, Mustapha said efforts were being intensified to monitor the level of compliance of the Federal Government advisories and guidelines regarding the phased ease of lockdown in the country.
He said the PTF met with heads of security agencies and asked them to ensure strict enforcement of the inter-state travel restrictions as part of efforts to curb the community transmission of the pandemic.
Mustapha said, “The outcome of our surveillance still points to the fact that violations are still rampant and as I have always pointed out, portends a very dangerous trend.
“Nigeria is presently at the community transmission phase and yesterday – Thursday 7th May, 2020, we witnessed the highest single-day number of 381 confirmed cases. This could be considered worrisome but for the fact that this rise is associated with our increased testing capacity, which has provided an opportunity to detect hitherto hidden cases.
“However, this increased testing does not translate to higher fatality rates as in the last few days, we have witnessed a good number of discharges and a continually reducing daily fatality rate.
“We have also received reports from the states, which suggests that the treatment centres are running out of bed spaces. As we assess the situation, the PTF shall also begin to examine our peculiar circumstances, modify the strategies for care management, and consider viable alternatives, where necessary. At the appropriate time, the guidelines and protocols shall be unfolded.”
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021