Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Sadiya Umar Farouq
As Nigerians continue to find and loot warehouses where palliatives were reportedly hidden, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Sadiya Umar Farouq has finally reacted to reports that she was among those who hid the palliatives that was supposed to be distributed to the poor.
Reacting to the allegation while fielding questions from journalists in Gusau on Monday, Farouq asked God to forgive her accusers.
“I’m aware many people have made various spurious allegations and accusations against my person and my ministry over the way we distributed Federal Government palliatives to cushion the effect of COVID-19.
“I have always said I am carrying out my duties and responsibilities to the best of my ability and with fairness to all parts of the country.
“Now that they have realized their mistakes, l will only pray to God to forgive us all,” she maintained.
NAN reports that the minister had earlier paid homage to the Emir of Gusau, Alhaji Ibrahim Bello, where the monarch appealed to the federal government to take a second look at the security situation in the state.
“The federal government should support the state in opening more access roads to expose the hideouts of criminal elements and give security operatives easier access to counter all terrorists.
“We should also be considered for more federal appointments because currently, we only have one permanent federal secretary.
“I want to assure you that we will continue to support all federal government programmes geared towards improving the wellbeing of the people,” the emir said.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]