The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has updated applicants concerning its earlier announced screening exercise for successful candidates.
The agency on Monday announced the suspension of the ongoing screening exercise.
Recall that Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, had directed the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) to put the screening of 5,000 new recruits on hold.
This, he said, was due to the second wave of COVID-19 pandemic.
The NDLEA’s spokesman, Deputy Commander of Narcotics, Jonah Achema, in a statement on Monday said the suspension of the screening was based on strict compliance with the directives of the Minister of Justice, Mallam Abubakar Mallami, SAN.
“The agency is prepared to seek advice from the Presidential Task Force on COVID- 19 on the public health implications of such an exercise, especially as it relates to the adequacy and possibility of strict adherence to COVID-19 protocols.
“The screening team had been directed to suspend all actions and return to the National Headquarters, Abuja, immediately for further briefing.
“There shall be no prejudice against any candidate that turned up for the screening or that failed to do so,’’ he added.