It was a sad moment as the management of First Bank Nigeria Plc on Saturday affirmed the death of Abdullahi Lawal, one of its staff at its Kano Main branch.
In a Press statement on Saturday to mourn the deceased, Folake Ani-Mumuney, group head, marketing and corporate communications, advised that the family be allowed to grieve privately.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time as we do all that is necessary to support them. We ask that all necessary courtesies be extended to the family so they can grieve privately,” the statement said on Saturday.
The statement explained that the bank has shut the branch where the deceased worked.
The bank said it has activated its COVID-19 precaution response plan as part of measures to help contain the virus.
Colleagues and customers who had been in contact with the late Mr Lawal were also advised to self-isolate following guidelines provided by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), the bank added.
“As a responsible corporate organisation, FirstBank has been at the forefront of the concerted efforts against the coronavirus pandemic alongside others,” the statement said.
“We have robust protocols in place including practising social distancing, frequently disinfecting our buildings and locations even whilst ensuring services are available through our alternative channels such as our ATMs and other digital platforms.
“We have immediately, therefore, shut down access to the premises as we disinfect the entire location and ask all staff and customers who may have been in contact with our late colleague to follow the NCDC guidelines and self-isolate.
“We will, as a matter of course, extend all possible support to staff and customers at this difficult time.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of www.ejesgist.com Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State