The Federal Government has said that new directives on the current state of lockdown will be released today after approval from President Muhammadu Buhari.
Chairman, Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 and Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, said this on Wednesday.
Mustapha said that an interim report which contains some recommendations from the taskforce have been submitted to the President which will guide the country moving forward.
He noted that the interim report and the recommendations would focus on three thematic areas in contending further the spread of the virus. Mustapha added that the President was happy with the content of the report and the work the PTF was doing.
He said: “PTF will focus on three thematic areas in contending further the spread of the virus.
“It will be premature for me to talk about it because we submitted a report; we have submitted recommendations and so we have to leave for Mr. President to make a decision.
“By the time I receive his approvals on the recommendations we have made, we will be able to speak to the Nigerian people tomorrow(Thursday).
“But I can give you a little bit of an insight as to where we are going. And that is informed by three thematic areas. One has to deal with movement, two has to deal with labour and industries and three has to do with communities’ activities.
“These are already three thematic areas that our recommendations would be driven by; what will happen in these three basic areas going forward.
“We are conscious of our recommendations, as the PTF, to have a balance of lives and to see that even where we have allowed for opening, that the protocols we have put in place are properly implanted.
“For example, if we say schools can open for the purposes of exiting examinations, we know the dangers that are inherent in that decision.
“But can we perpetually keep our children away from their learning processes and in the process stagnate their own developmental growth? “We are handing over this nation to them and we must prepare them for leadership.
“But there are protocols that were put in place and I am glad that the Minister of State for Education is going round to ensure that the protocols that we have advised one month ago are in place.
“Initially, the ministry said Federal Government colleges were out of it. But now, everybody is on board as a result of negotiations, meetings and making sure that whatever we eventually put in place is for the good of our wards.
“That is a typical example of where we are going. We have worked in the areas of movement, we have allowed for domestic flights.
“But you realise that they were done in phases. We started with two. We went to five, then 14. As different airports in different cities are able to meet up with the demands and protocols that we have put in place, they will open.”
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august