The Federal High court has fixed a date for Nnamdi Kanu’s bail application.
Federal High Court Judge, Justice Binta Nyako on Friday fixed May 18 and 26 as the dates for the ruling on the bail application of the detained leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
The court will also rule on the rest of the charges.
EJES GIST NEWSPAPER previously reported that eight (8) of the fifteen (15) counts filed against IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu were dismissed due to a lack of merit.
Nnamdi Kanu’s Lega defence team, led by Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mike Ozekhome, had requested a bail hearing, which Justice Nyako scheduled for May 18 and 26, 2022.
Around 11:00 a.m., IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu was brought into the courtroom.
He was brought in again, this time dressed in Fendi.
Pay Attention To Jamb Latest News: JAMB announces eligibility for 2022 UTME mock, candidates to pay N1000
His attorneys questioned why their client would be denied new clothing when the Department of State Services (DSS) had been ordered by the court to allow him to do so.
Kanu has been appearing in court in the Fendi clothing in which he was detained abroad since last year.
Pay Attention To: Is Bet9ja Account Hacked? Hackers Demand 5 billion
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications