Court Seals Abuja Night Club Operated By Lebanese For Operating During Curfew Hours
A mobile court on Wednesday sealed up the New Yorker Night Club and Lounge in Maitama District of Abuja for allegedly operating within curfew hours in contravention of the COVID-19 regulation, 2020.
The court sitting at the Eagles Square presided over by a magistrate, Idayat Akanni, also ordered the seal up of Agape Night Club and Lounge, Wuse II, for one week.
It convicted four defaulters, including two Lebanese Wassim Soofau and Fawaz Ali, operators of New Yorker Night Club; Adeniran Matthew and Julius Inanemoh, the workers of Agape Night Club, respectively.
The magistrate imposed N10,000 each on them for conducting business and engaging in social gathering on the premises of the nightclubs during a prohibited period.
The defaulters were apprehended by the FCT COVID-19 enforcement team for engaging in social activities within the curfew hours, which is from 10pm to 6am.
Chairman of FCT Ministerial Taskforce on COVID -19, Ikharo Attah, said, “The arrests were made on Tuesday during routine monitoring of the area.”
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Recruitment for Observers