Court Remanded Bank worker in prison, after spending 40days in cell without trail.
Michael Itok, a workers of 1 the Nigerian banks has been remanded in jail over his “damaging and annoying” Facebook posts against Governor Emmanuel Udom of Akwa Ibom State and different officers of the state.
The 21-year-old Prudential Microfinance Bank marketer who was arraigned earlier than a Justice of the Peace court in Uyo by operatives of the State Security Service (SSS) was arrested within the financial institution’s premises on October eight round 7:30 a.m by some unidentified males.
The cost reads “That you, Mr Michael Itok and another now at large, sometimes in October, 2019 at 1000 Units Housing Estate, Idu Uruan, Uruan Local Government Area, within the Uyo Magisterial District did constitute yourself into a nuisance by publishing damaging and annoying articles on your Facebook page with the aim of harassing, blackmailing and bringing to disrepute His Excellency Deacon Udom Gabriel Emmanuel and other staff of the Akwa Ibom State Government House, and thereby commits and offence punishable under Section 6(1) (f) of the Akwa Ibom State Internal Security and Enforcement Law, 2009.”
Though it’s unclear if Itok was represented by a lawyer throughout his arraignment, it was nonetheless learnt that he was detained by the SSS for over 40 days earlier than he was ultimately arraigned.
He was remanded in Uyo jail after being arraigned on Tuesday November 26.
#akwa ibom newspaper #akwa ibom information
#today akwa ibom information uyo #akwa ibom information #today’s akwa ibom information #akwa ibom information uyo #akwa ibom information today
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies