Former Imo Governor Rochas Okorocha’s ex-parte request for bail was denied by a Federal High Court in Abuja.
After hearing Okorocha’s lawyer, Ola Olanipekun (SAN), Justice Inyang Ekwo issued a ruling on Friday ordering the ex-governor to serve his motion for bail on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for it to be heard on the matter.
While moving the motion ex-parte, Olanipekun asked the court to grant his client bail on liberal terms pending the outcome of a motion on notice for bail that had already been filed.
Justice Ekwo postponed his arraignment on the EFCC charge against him until May 30, the same date as his previous arraignment.
The EFCC arrested Okorocha in his Abuja home on May 25, alleging that the ex-governor and serving senator had violated the terms of his administrative bail.
You May Also Like
- Npower Latest News on payment of April and May Stipends Today Thursday, May 26, 2022
- 50 Happy Children’s Day Wishes, Messages From Parents, Teachers To Children
- Supreme Court Rejects Amaechi’s
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)