By Alex Enumah
Abuja : Justice Nnamdi Dimgba of the Federal High Court Abuja has nullified the suspension of Senator Ovie Omo-Agege.
The judge, in a judgment delivered on Thursday, held that though the legislature has the power to deal with erring members, it did not follow due process in arriving at its decision.
Justice Dimgba also held that the reason given for the suspension of Omo-Agege by the Ethics and Privileges Committee was a fundamental breach of the Constitution and hence the suspension is a nullity.
The judge while declaring that the nullification is with immediate effect, also ordered the Senate to pay Omo-Agege all his salaries and allowances due to the suspension.
Recommend for youUN appoints Adeosun into pension fund investment committee
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State