The ex-Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi‘s exile from Kano has been overturned by the courts.
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has declared as unlawful and a violation of the fundamental human rights of the ex-Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, his banishment from Kano and forceful relocation to Awe in Nasarawa State.
Ejes Gist News reports, Sanusi was forcibly removed from the palace after his dethronement and taken against his will to Nasarawa State by operatives of the police and the State Security Service (SSS) on the directive of the Kano State Government, according to Justice Anwuli Chikere’s ruling on Tuesday.
Sanusi was entitled to reside in any part of Nigeria as a citizen of Nigeria who had committed no crime, according to Justice Chikere, who declared the Emirate Council Law 2019 that the Kano State Government claimed to have acted as a nullity.
The judge, who fined the Kano State Government, the Inspector General of Police (IGP), and the SSS N10 million in damages, also ordered them to apologize publicly to Sanusi in at least two national dailies.
Even though the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) was named as a fourth respondent, Justice Chikere dismissed the case because the applicant failed to prove his case against the fourth respondent.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)