Information reaching EJESGIST NEWS, is that, the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, High Court sitting in Apo area of Abuja has granted the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) leave to arraign former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, and a former Chairman of Atlantic Energy Drilling company, Olajide Omokore, on Feb. 25.
Alison-Madueke and Omokore are to be arraigned on five counts bordering on conspiracy and illegal act of accepting and giving gratifications. NAN reports.
The prosecutor, Faruk Abdullahi told the court that the former minister left the country and was currently in the UK while investigations were ongoing.
Abdullahi said that on invitation by the EFCC, Mrs Madueke refused to honour the invitation but all process are set in place to ensure she comes back to face trial.
The counsel to the second defendant, Tayo Adeniyo SAN, told the court that his client was not served with the charges and that his client was ready to clear his name.
The trial judge, Justice Valentine Ashi, granted the EFCC leave on Monday after the prosecution counsel, Mr Faruk Abdullahi, told the court that while investigations were ongoing, the former minister left the country and was currently in the UK.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration