A Federal High Court sitting in Enugu has convicted a serving National Youth Service Corps member to one-month imprisonment for obtaining by false pretence, the sum of $150.
The Corps member, Samuel Orie, pleaded guilty to the one count of impersonation and obtaining by false pretense before Justice I.N Buba.
Mr. Orie who was charged to court by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Enugu Zone, presented himself as one Mr. Scott Gibb, an American contractor.
According to the EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, the defendant’s counsel pleaded with the court to temper justice with mercy as his client was a first time offender who was remorseful and willing to make restitution for all his actions.
However, Justice Buba convicted Orie and sentenced him to one-month imprisonment starting from the date of his arrest.
He was also asked to forfeit the sum of $150 and his mobile phone.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]