Secretary to the Niger State Government (SSG), Alhaji Ahmed Ibrahim Matane
A Councillor in Katcha Local government Area of Niger state (names withheld) is on the run after allegedly disappearing with of 30 bags of grains meant to be distributed as palliative to members of his constituency.
He has now been declared wanted by the police. According to the Secretary to the Niger State Government (SSG), Alhaji Ahmed Ibrahim Matane, who is the Chairman Niger State Taskforce on COVID-19, who confirmed this, said the Councillor was part of a Committee set up for the distribution of the grains to his community.
The state COVID-19 Taskforce Chairman also explained that the 30 bags comprised of 10 bags of rice, 10 bags of maize, and 10 bags of millet was allocated each to all the 274 wards across the 25 Local Government councils by the state government.
According to the Matane, “Committees have been set up in each of the 274 wards which comprises of Councillor, Party Chairman, Ward head, and a religious leader to monitor the distribution of the grains”.
Matane, who expressed disappointment over the attitude of the local government councillor, told journalists that security agents have been detailed to get him arrested for proper scrutiny and for the next line of action.
The state COVID-19 task force Chairman further explained that more set of grains meant to serve as palliatives will be distributed across the local government based on the procedure outline for the distribution across the State.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State