CHAIRMAN, Imo State Taskforce on COVID-19, Maurice Iwu, yesterday, declared that the drug for the treatment of the dreaded coronavirus will be ready soon when the testing of the vaccine is completed.
Iwu, the professor of Pharmacognosy from the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) who gave the assurance in Owerri had presented a plant-based patented treatment for COVID-19 to the Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu which is now being tested in United States.
The professor who made this known in an interview with newsmen in Owerri shortly after Seplat Petroleum and Waltersmith Oil Ltd donated COVID-19 preventive material to the state government, revealed that there is a positive sign that it would soon be ready.
According to him, “the work on the drug we are developing is still going on. We are encouraged by the result we are getting. We are getting very positive signs.”
“Luckily the drug is a safe one. It is drug already in use. We are repurposing it for this particular purpose. So when we finished the studying and testing we are doing, I think the drug will come up in line very soon. ”
He further added, “if the pandemic escalates, the NAFDAC will know what to do, like they did in USA to fast track the use of Chloroquine.
The prof noted that NAFDAC will know what to do if there is serious need. “Right now, the product is in human use, what we are doing is to repurpose it for this particular event, ” he said.
He said that Imo State Government was doing everything humanly possible to prevent the virus from getting hold in the state.
“We have a vertical integration with the federal government whereby the state Ministry of Health is working assiduously with the National Centre for Disease Control. We have equipment centre that is ready and have configured isolation centres.
“There is no confirmed incident in the state, but that does not mean the fear is not there,” he stated.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- INEC Recruitment 2020 for Edo and Ondo Election |pres.inecnigeria.org
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Massive Job Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited (30 Positions)
- TOS TV Network 2020 Job Recruitment (23 Positions)
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]com