The Chief judge of Lagos state, Kazeem Alogba has approved the remote hearing of cases via Skype or Zoom.
The new practice which was signed by the Chief Judge on April 27, allows lawyers and litigants to file cases electronically, while lawyers may be notified of the fees to be paid through email, WhatsApp, or text message.
Paragraph 11 of the practice directions states that service of court processes may be effected by email, WhatsApp or any other directive issued by the court, while Paragraph 16 says “Remote hearings shall be by Zoom, Skype for business or any other video communication method approved by the Chief Judge.”
The new practice which will allow “use of suitable technology, a just determination of court proceedings as well as an efficient use of available judicial and administrative resources”, is expected to ensure a “a timely and efficient disposal of cases”. It will take effect from May 4.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Recruitment at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Digital & eCommerce Talent Pool Recruitment 2021
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC Recruitment 2021
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org