It is a known fact that many families in the state have at least one relative in the country currently battling the deadly virus.
Since news broke an Italian in Lagos tested positive to the deadly virus, this has sparked fears among Edo People prompting them to check on their family members in Italy.
- You are reading trending Edo State News
However, Edo State Government says it has commenced various activities to stop coronavirus from spreading to the state.
Speaking at a press briefing in Benin city, commissioner for Health, Dr Patrick Okundia, said a team had been deployed to the Benin Airport to get information on the manifest of the airline that brought the Italian into the country.
According to The Nation, Dr Okundia said it also has sensitised staff at the Benin Airport on the screening modalities of air travellers as well as creating awareness for the public on the new coronavirus.
Health care workers across all health facilities in the 18 local government areas have also been said to have been sensitised while surveillance officers have been placed on red alert to carry out active case search in all health facilities at all entry points.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal