Confusion As Appeal Court Rules In Favour of APC But Keeps Oyo Governor Seyi Makinde
There is a state of confusion over the new status of Oyo state governor Seyi Makinde –
The appeal court on Monday, November 11 ruled in favour of APC’s Adelabu and reversed the ruling of the tribunal which declared Makinde rightful winner The appeal court however did not declare Makinde sacked or order fresh election The election of Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo has been nullified by a Court of Appeal sitting in Ibadan, the state capital.
According to Daily Nigerian, the court ruled in favour of the appellant Adelabu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on all counts. The court upturned the ruling of the election petitions tribunal that upheld Makinde’s victory. However, the court stopped short of declaring Adelabu winner.
The court also did not order for fresh elections to be held. The development has led to varying interpretations of what really happened on social media. While some argue that the governor has been sacked, others say no such declaration was made by court and so the governor remains in office. But largely, majority of users are confused Newspoint had reported previously that the APC and its governorship candidate, Adebayo Adelabu, in Oyo state during the March 9 governorship election, on Monday, September 16, suffered a great defeat to the PDP.
The governorship election petition tribunal which sat in Ibadan, the state capital, upheld the victory of Governor Seyi Makinde at the poll. Adelabu and the APC had filed petition against the declaration of Makinde by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the winner of the governorship election in the state
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]