The Member Representing Jema’a/Sanga Federal Constituency at the National Assembly, Hon Shehu Nicholas Garba has organised a Training Program on Conflict Prevention for Communities within his Constituency.
The Program executed in collaboration with the
The Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution was aimed at Training Participants on how to identify Conflict and strategies to prevent and manage it to promote harmony between the diverse communities within the constituency.
The 2-Day Training Program with the theme “Building peace through Dialogue” attracted over five hundred Participants ranging from Religious and Traditional Leaders as well as Community Development Associations.
Declaring the meeting opened in Gwantu, the Director-General of the Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution, Dr Bakut Tswah Bakut, who was represented by Barrister Gabriel Jiya; advocated the return of genuine peace and harmonious coexistence to guarantee lasting development in Kaduna state.
Dr Bakut lamented the sudden change in values and appealed for genuine reconciliation and forgiveness in the interest of peace and nation-building.
In a remark, the member representing Jema’a and Sanga in the National Assembly, Mr Shehu Nicholas Garba explained that the Training Program was to bring together representatives of the diverse people of the Federal Constituency to explore possible ways of entrenching mutual trust and understanding among the diverse ethnic and religious groups for social, economic and political prosperity.
ALSO READ: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Should Tell Nigerians the truth, Army Reveals what Happened at Lekki Tollgate ( Video )
Mr Shehu Nicholas Garba stressed the need for all to forget the past and chat a new roadmap capable of transforming the natural potentials of the area, adding that all the challenges bedevilling southern Kaduna and indeed Kaduna state were surmountable only if all will eschew ethnic and religious bickering with equity and fairness to all.
Earlier speaking, the Kaduna state Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr Samuel Aruwan thanked the organizers of the peace mission and reiterated the government resolve to partner with individuals, groups and institutions with genuine concern as well as techniques of entrenching lasting peace and harmonious coexistence in Kaduna State.
Also speaking on the occasion, the Chief of Kagoma in Jema’a Local Government Area, Rtd Col Zakka Wyoms, expressed satisfaction over the peace initiative and implored every participant to spread the message of peace unity in southern Kaduna and beyond.
Similarly, the Chief of Gwantu(Etum Gwantu) Rtd Brig Gen Iliya Aliyu Yamma commended Representative Shehu Nicholas Garba for the foresight and urged all stakeholders to support the peace mission for societal development.
On their parts, the representatives of CAN in Sanga, Pastor Mike Maikarfi and GAM Allah Fulani Development Association, Alh Ibrahim Abdullahi pledged their members resolve to continue to dialogue on ways of healing wounds as well the restoration of the past glory of communal peace, love and piety southern Kaduna was known for since time immemorial.
Meanwhile, the Two-day training which took place in Sanga and Jema’a Local Government Areas was broad-based with over five hundred participants in attendance.
Speaking to radio Nigeria a cross-section of the participants described the town Hall peace meeting as appropriate and timely while also expressing their readiness to live in peace with one another as well as support government at all levels in its quest to guarantee lasting peace and development in southern Kaduna.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]