Concerned Elders tells Buhari to sack Garba Shehu over insensitive comments
Concerned elders across the nation have demanded the sack of Mallam Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity of President Buhari, over his alleged insensitive comments. The request of the elders follows Shehu’s comments claiming that the tenure of Service Chiefs depended on the Commander-in-“pleasure.” Chief’s
In spite of the worsening insecurity in the country, Shehu had appeared on television and made the statements while responding to questions about the President’s reason for retaining the Service Chiefs. He had argued that no part of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria stipulated any tenure for military high command in 1999.
READ ALSO : Minister Of Transportation Dies Of Coronavirus
The elders, who work under the aegis of the Conference of Concerned Nigerian Elders (COCNE), however, took a strong exception to the submission of the presidential spokesman, describing it as unprofessional in scope, insensitive in substance, shameful in style, and reckless in nature.
The elders, in a statement signed by South West Professor Tunde Banjo, South East Dr Achike Nwachukwu, Barr. Following the current security situation, Jackson Spiff for South-South, Alhaji Baba Usman Funtua, North West, Prof. Shehu Bulama for North East and Dr. Isaiah Terhila for North-Central areas, respectively, warned the presidential assistant against the wrath of Nigerians. “We are alarmed by a rather reckless, insensitive, shameful and unprofessional statement attributed to Garba Shehu, President.”
The elders concerned said that Shehu’s sack will serve as a deterrent to other presidential appointees who may want to act and speak as Shehu does. However, the elders clarified that they have nothing against the military heads, who they claim have done their best during the early days of their appointments.
# Concerned Elders tells Buhari to sack Garba Shehu over this.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021