Community Liaison Officer – Cement Industry, DCP at Dangote Group : Dangote Group is one in every of Nigeria’s most diversified enterprise conglomerates with a tough – earned popularity for wonderful enterprise practices and merchandise’ high quality with its operational headquarters within the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the place of:
Job Title: Community Liaison Officer – Cement Industry, DCP
Reference No.: Gboko Community Relations002
Location: Gboko, Benue
Employment Type: Full time
Department: Special Duties / Social Performance
Reports To: Assistant General Manager (AGM) – Community Relations
- Negotiation Skills.
- Good understanding of the Host Communities,
- Basic Knowledge about Stakeholder Management Skills/Grievance Mechanism, Must be computer literate with understanding of basic office application packages like; MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate responses on all cases of grievances.
- Support the AGM in attending consultative meetings with communities, agencies, NGOS etc.
- Monitor and report on the social performance of all CSR projects undertaken by the plant.
- Regularly, under the supervision of the AGM, update Stakeholder Engagement Plan and (SEP), Community Development Plan (CDP), Stakeholder Mapping(SM), Register/database.
- Act as liaison who engages communities and other stakeholder groups in order to ensure peaceful and harmonious relationship in the environment.
- Provides feedback/ useful information to the plant on relevant issues from the communities which might affect plant’s operations.
- Serves as Secretary to Community Development Committee (CDC) and other community fora, local institutions meetings or stakeholder meetings at community level.
- Collects and registers grievances.
- Support the AGM social and community relations, to implement and monitor community development and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Co-ordinates the local project implementation committee (PIC) during project implementation.
- Writes and submits regular reports to the plant and headquarters through the AGM.
- To carry out any other assignment as may be directed by plant management.
- To assist in the maintenance of absolute peace/harmony between the host communities and the Plant on a daily basis.
- To assist in the management of conflicts arising between the Plant and the immediate host communities.
- Continuously enlightening youths/elders of the communities on the need for a cordial business relationship with the Plant so as to ensure the Plant does not lose its properties (material or human) through willful damage by individuals and / or groups in the host communities.
- To assist in liaising with some government agencies when need arises as directed by the high management.
- Write report legibly.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Humanities.
- 5 Above years working experience with reputable organization(s).
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be computer literate in key Office application packages e.g Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Should be preferably a Benue indigene.
- Must have relevant experience about community relations.
- Must be able to speak both English Language and Tiv Language fluently.
- Must be able to interprets both English Language and Tiv Language properly.
- Must be able to assess the community needs/priorities and give report to AGM/mgt.
- Must be mentally and physically fit to handle his/her duties logically to conclusion.
- Must show the ability to handle community related issues.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
ALSO APPLY FOR :
Community Liaison Officer – Cement Industry, DCP at Dangote Group
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021