Job for Communications Officer at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) ✓ UNDP Recruitment 2021 ✓ UNDP Jobs in Nigeria
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ world improvement community. It advocates for change and connects nations to information, expertise and assets to assist people construct a greater life for themselves. It gives knowledgeable recommendation, coaching and grants assist to creating nations, with growing emphasis on help to the least developed nations. It promotes technical and funding cooperation amongst nations.
Headquartered in New York City, the standing of UNDP is that of an govt board throughout the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP is funded totally by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The organization operates in 177 nations, the place it really works with native governments to fulfill improvement challenges and develop native capability.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Communications Officer
Job ID: 34293
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Post Level: SB-4
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duration of Initial Contract : 1 year
- UN Women, grounded within the imaginative and prescient of equality enshrined within the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination in opposition to ladies and women; the empowerment of girls; and the achievement of equality between men and women as companions and beneficiaries of improvement, human rights, humanitarian motion and peace and security.
- In Nigeria, the UN Women Country Office contributes to the conclusion of Nigeria’s improvement imaginative and prescient in direction of attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which informs the systemwide United Nations Sustainable Development Partnership Framework, in addition to UN Women Strategic Plan. The Nigeria Country Office goals to attain the next outcomes: (i) elevated ladies’s management and participation in governance; (ii) strengthened ladies’s financial empowerment; (iii) elevated safety of girls & entry to justice for girls; and (iv) strengthened ladies’s management in peace constructing and humanitarian response. UN Women additional leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to make sure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into motion globally and works to construct and increase efficient partnerships with civil society, non-public sector and different stakeholders.
- Under the general steerage and route of the Country Representative, the Communications Officer contributes to the implementation of the UN Women company communications technique, in addition to the event, administration and implementation of the Country Office communications and advocacy methods that are geared in direction of the development of gender equality and the empowerment of girls, promote public and media outreach, and enhance the visibility of key programmatic outcomes, and UN Women world marketing campaign initiatives in Nigeria.
- She/he works as a part of the Country Office communications crew in shut collaboration with the nation programme and operations groups, UN Women Communications Teams at regional and Headquarters stage, the UN Communications Group in Nigeria, media and journalists in making certain profitable implementation of UN Women’s communications technique.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Planning and design of inside and exterior methods for communications and outreach;
- Implementation of advocacy and visibility technique;
- Implementation of the publications technique and plan;
- Build communications partnerships and media alliances;
- Ensures facilitation of information constructing and administration.
- Ensures UN Women Nigeria is represented in UN Communications Group
- Manage UN Women media/press relations;
- Oversee and preserve on-line outreach and produces info supplies for public outreach;
- Provide recommendation and assist to UN Women particular occasions and campaigns;
ALSO APPLY FOR : Programme Policy Officer at United Nations World Food Programme
Description of Functions
Provides assist to the planning and design of inside and exterior methods for communications and outreach specializing in achievement of the next outcomes:
- Carry out communications wants assessments for UN Women Nigeria Office (tasks, nation programme and company change initiatives/campaigns, and many others.); analyze necessities and synthesize proposals for elaboration of the nation workplace communications and outreach technique;
- Play a lead function within the design of the nation workplace communication technique and communication and advocacy devices together with nation programme briefs, month-to-month donor bulletins and many others., in coordination with supervisor;
- Develop/produce communication and advocacy instruments and supplies (newsletters, brochures, and many others.) for schooling and awareness-raising campaigns;
- Strengthen multi-stakeholder partnerships and visibility and communication initiatives with authorities, multilateral and bilateral donors, women-led civil society organizations, group leaders, non-public sector, amongst others according to UN Women company communication coverage.
Ensure the efficient implementation of the UN Women nation advocacy and visibility technique:
- Guide the efficient implementation of the nation workplace advocacy and visibility technique and be sure that content material publications, together with project-specific publications are produced according to the UN Women model tips;
- Support programme managers to outline and spotlight the communications and visibility parts of their programmes, and assist the mixing of advocacy and communication methods within the formulation of recent programmes
- Provide common, constructive and well timed recommendation/suggestions on each basic and rising points associated to the communications and visibility element of the thematic programmes according to UN Women Corporate Communication coverage;
- Facilitate the systematic documentation, monitoring and analysis of visibility actions at all ranges, as an integral element of the general Programme M&E framework and according to UN Women company coverage.
Ensures implementation of the Country Office publications technique and plan specializing in the achievement of the next outcomes:
- Implement the Country Office publications technique and plan, based mostly on the company publications coverage;
- Identify storylines for publications and drafting of substantive articles contributing to debates on key improvement points;
- Coordinate and handle the Country Office publication actions, reminiscent of content material administration, norms for publishing, design, and many others;
- Liaise with printers and different suppliers to facilitate manufacturing and guarantee publications dissemination.
- Conceive plan and implement media methods according to company tips to boost the positioning of UN Women with the native media;
- Draft press releases and media kits and share remaining merchandise with related media outfits;
- Provide clear, constant and well timed responses to media inquiries; issuance of statement and company positions to media and different exterior audiences;
- Maintain and increase contacts with native media and determine matters, background info, news-related developments and protection of curiosity to every;
- Serve because the media point of interest for the nation workplace.
- Develop & preserve a database and relationships with media outfits (mainstream and unbiased media represented all through the nation);
- Identify and facilitate alternatives for press conferences and interviews with senior managers and different related parties;
Provide recommendation and assist for roll-out of UN Women particular occasions and campaigns:
- Oversee implementation of communications parts of UN Women and/or UN campaigns reminiscent of Generation Equality, UNiTE 16 Days of Activism and HeforShe campaigns.
- Provide inputs in direction of conceptualization and organization of UN or UN Women-specific particular occasions with a view to reaching wider audiences.
Oversee and preserve on-line outreach and produce info supplies for public outreach:
- Oversee the Country Office website technically and editorially, and according to the company internet coverage;
- Oversee and handle social media accounts according to company social media coverage or present inputs to company social media accounts;
- Work with programme crew to draft brochures, truth sheets, briefs and tales from the sphere to tell media, key stakeholders and basic public and regulate updates of the identical in session with senior administration;
- Hire and supervise video producers to provide related video materials on UN Women’s work as required;
- Effectively handle and channel dissemination of all info merchandise to related goal audiences.
Build communications partnerships and media alliances:
- Manage and nurture present partnerships, and determine and develop new communications partnerships and media alliances to boost the organization’s visibility and cement UN Women’s function as a thought-leader;
- Strengthen the capability of implementing companion organization in communications and assist them to implement communications actions;
- Identify progressive alternatives and new communications instruments and platforms which may serve to focus on the work of UN Women;
- Guide and collaborate carefully with Regional/different Country Offices communications officers to advance nationwide and regional communications partnerships.
Impact of Results:
- The key outcomes have a considerable impression on the effectiveness of UN Women Nigeria’s communications and outreach efforts, enhancing the visibility, elevating consciousness and understanding of UN Women and its mission with the media and among the many basic public, constructing and sustaining supportive constituencies, resulting in enhanced political and monetary assist for UN Women and its strategic areas, thus serving to guarantee UN Women achieves its strategic targets.
Core Values/Guiding Principles:
- Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and selling the values of UN Women in actions and selections, according to the UN Code of Conduct
- Professionalism: Demonstrate skilled competence and knowledgeable information of the pertinent substantive areas of labor.
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing variety: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the variety of its employees. Demonstrate a global outlook, appreciating distinction in values and studying from cultural variety.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate company information and sound judgment
- Development and Innovation: Take cost of self-development and take initiative
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and optimistic even in troublesome moments, deal with tense conditions with diplomacy and tact, and have a constant habits in direction of others
- Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and tackle them proactively acknowledging completely different emotions and views and directing vitality in direction of a mutually acceptable answer
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage studying and sharing of information
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate knowledgeable and clear decision making
- Work in groups: Demonstrate capacity to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic atmosphere and to keep up efficient working relations with people of various nationwide and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and attempt for efficient communication
- Excellent communication expertise. Communicates sensitively, successfully and creatively throughout distinction constituencies;
- Consistently approaches work with vitality and a optimistic, constructive perspective;
- Identifies alternatives and builds robust relationships with shoppers and companions;
- Demonstrates distinctive capacity to stay calm, in management and good humored even underneath strain and tight deadlines;
- Outstanding oral and written communications and enhancing expertise, with confirmed capacity to fulfill tight deadlines;
- Good IT expertise, together with databases and workplace software program packages
- Ability to oversee and practice employees
- Demonstrates superb understanding of and expertise in communications and outreach;
- Proven networking expertise, and talent to generate curiosity in UN Women’s mandate;
- Strong initiative-taker;
- Very efficient at multi-tasking;
- Focuses on impression and outcomes for the client;
- Interacts successfully with all ranges of the organization, together with senior administration;
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in media/communication research, journalism, public relations or different associated social sciences with at least 3 years of related expertise at the nationwide or worldwide stage in public relations, communications or advocacy, ideally in social and gender points.
- Bachelor’s degree in a associated area with at least 6 years of related expertise
- Experience of designing and implementing media and communications methods, notably in relation to gender points and priorities
- Experience of constructing communications partnerships and dealing with press and media institutions
- Experience of writing and managing content material for publications, web sites and social media websites
- Demonstrated initiative taker and innovator
- Experience launching public advocacy campaigns (print and digital media) together with on gender-related themes
- Fluency in English each in talking and writing.
- Knowledge of the opposite UN working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All on-line functions should embrace (as an attachment) the finished UN Women Personal History kind (P11) which could be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/P_11_form_UNwomen.doc).
- Alternatively a UN or UNDP P11 could be crammed.
- Kindly word that the system will solely permit one attachment which should be the P11 or scan all of the paperwork into one single file.
- Applications with out the finished P-11 kind are incomplete and won’t be thought-about for additional evaluation
Application Deadline twenty second February, 2021. (Midnight New York, USA)
Some of the favored queries people used to seek out this Job Vacancies are kindly famous down. See the queries under:
united nations development programme recruitment 2021
UNDP jobs in Africa
Functions of UNDP in points
UNDP full form