The news now is that one person has been confirmed lifeless while four others sustained injuries when the elevator of the Cocoa House in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital collapsed during repairs.
According to Vanguard , the defective elevator collapsed when some technicians have been engaged on it to make it useful.
When the elevator fell, one of many technicians died immediately whereas three others sustained accidents.
But, reacting to the incident, Mr Victor Ayetoro, Head, Corporate Affairs, Odu’ a Investment Company Limited, confirmed the casualty determine however added that the conglomerate was attempting to vary the old elevator to a brand new one when the incident occurred.
Ayetoro mentioned, “At around 11am this morning, the lift installation team from our contractor handling the lift and who were working on dismantling the old lift in readiness for a new lift instalment, while working on the lift suffered a mechanical failure.”
“The said failure resulted in the lift dropping and crashing into the basement pit”. Unfortunately, one of many technicians in the group didn’t survive the incident.”
ALSO READ: Death Hits Lagos Deputy Governor’s Family
“Three other technicians suffered minor injuries and have been taken to the hospital for check up and treatment.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021