In line with the United Nations international day For Tolerance, a Christian cleric and peace Ambassador pastor yohanna buru has called for better understanding and Acceptance amongst different faith- based organizations with a view to strengthening peaceful co-existence in the country.
Buru made the call during an interview with newsmen in kaduna as part of effort to Mark the day as declared by UNESCO since 1995 on 16 November.
The clergyman while commenting on the importance of the day said tolerance was an ability of people to accept others from different background or identities either on religious, ethnic or tribal basis.
Pastor Buru pointed out however that the day which is aimed at educating people around the globe on the need for tolerance would help promote better understanding, inclusion and responsible citizenship among adherents of different religions in the country.
According to him, No society could attain economic, social and political development when the ingredients for peace and harmony were lacking.
Yohanna Buru said his organization had embarked on periodic advocacy with Islamic scholars within the state and beyond toward promoting ethnic and religious tolerance among Christians,Muslims and people from different ethnic background.
The Christian cleric asserted that the importance of ethnic and Religious tolerance in fostering unity cannot be over emphasised, adding that the diverse identities in the country could be converted to strength toward building a formidable Nation.
He then appealed to Christian Association of Nigeria C.A.N and Jama’atul Nasri Islam,JNI to intensify preaching and campaign in their places of worship on the slogan of one family under-God.
The Peace Ambassador called on both muslims and Christians to embrace forgiveness with one another, while urging Non-governmental organizations, NGOs and Civil society organization, CSOs to extend peace building campaign to rural communities and train youths on various skill acquisitions to promote peace, unity and development of the country.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here