Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations.
It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for SSA Trade Sales Personnel
Job Req ID: 21400705
Category of Job: Product Management and Development
Job Family: Market Segments and Services
- The Market Segment & Services Lead Specialist is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise.
- Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers.
- Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function.
- Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Work closely with Technology, Operations and Coverage teams to drive timely, cost effective and high-quality delivery of strategically aligned product solutions
- Partner with Finance to evaluate investments in product development, and monitor and control billing/revenue, expenditure, and benefits realization
- Work closely with global and regional product teams to develop and refine the strategy of product solutions, go to market approach, and delivery model.
- Work with Product control functions to ensure that all relevant documentation (eg Product Approval Program) and processes are strictly adhered to and part of the management fabric of the product business
- Coordinate planning and other related activities for launching of new capabilities and functionalities across technology, operations, implementations,and regional teams
- Work closely with the Coverage teams, and core product teams to ensure that demands of the clients are well understood
- Develop an action plan to address VOC (Voice of the Client) feedback. Partner with cross-functional and coverage teams to execute
- Invest time to keep track of Competition, Market Trends, New Technologies
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelor’s Degree / University Degree, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in electronic banking channels with good knowledge of corporate banking practices in the cash management space; Exposure to and understanding of business analysis, data and system analysis
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct work efforts, meet deadlines, take initiative, and produce consistent high-quality work; Willingness to be a direct contributor and ability to multi-task.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for TTS SSA Public Sector Sales Head
Job Req ID: 21400708
The Job Category: Institutional Sales
Job Family: Solution Sales
Create and execute the TTS strategy for the Public Sector in SSA:
- The digital policy reforms, infrastructure visions and wider emphasis on citizenship engagement, has proven there is a tremendous opportunity to grow the Public Sector business in SSA.
- Citi is looking for a highly motivated individual responsible for leading the regional TTS Public Sector sales growth strategy, origination focus and advisory across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Working with TTS Global/Regional TTS Solution Sales Specials and Product Sales consultants, the TTS Public Sector sales head position will drive revenue realisation, retention, cross sell expansion and attrition management.
- Responsible for driving deals through completion to ensure ramp-up of new revenue expected, retention of existing revenue and to manage, report and execute-on any further attrition across the PS client portfolio.
- Act as the client advocate in managing the Citi network countries to ensure best-practice sharing, client satisfaction and wider product relevance and commercialisation against specific and growing trends of the PS.
Drive Revenue Realisation through Cross Sell and partnership with TTS Business Units:
- Utilising the agreed TTS scorecard goals, establish monthly origination, wins, pipeline, and revenue growth KPI’s across SSA against the agreed target market coverage names.
- Create account plans against Citi’s 11 SSA markets detailing wallet sizing opportunity, revenue ramp-up analysis, revenue attrition forecasts, and a calling plan together with relationship teams and local CCO-level contacts.
- Ensure consistent, professional delivery of all TTS sales management disciplines including: call reports, lead generation, pipeline management, implementation acceleration, plus TTS relationship reviews.
- Develop deep understanding of Public Sector specific segments (Central Banks, Ministry of Finance, etc) in each country, leading to a robust grasp on the competitive environment.
- Improve SSA’s specific marketing material for Public Sector clients, leveraging regional industry themes, landscape regulatory changes, solution packages used elsewhere as best-practice and wider advisory.
- Showcase monthly revenue analysis, preparing summaries and forecasts communicating findings to TTS Sector Heads, Relationship Management teams and relevant TTS partners.
Generate Citi’s response to the changing expectations and priorities of Governments:
- Ensure alignment, understanding and wider response commercialisation to the changing priorities of Governments across SSA including, but not limited to, the following:
- ICT Investment – assist with information access, data monitoring, visibility, cyber protection.
- Digital Policy Adoption – automation, reconciliation, real-time connectivity, and infrastructure upgrades.
- Increased Accountability – financial integration, corporate best-practice share, treasury future-proofing.
- Digital Identification – collaborate with global Citi teams leveraging best-practice from other regions.
- Deepen Citizen Engagement – link TTS-tools to citizen service scalability, regulations for a digital economy
- Diversify revenue income – new stream exploration, new markets (AFCFTA), and easier tax payments.
- Regulatory advancements – sharing insight, regulatory reform, socialise key decision effectiveness.
- Procurement priorities – maximise new objectives with supplier management, for supply-chain finance opp’s
- Utilise Capacity Building (Training, Cyber Resilience) and Consultation (Best Practices, Innovation) as a tool for origination through market-sharing insight (events, webinars).
- Ability to connect and align Governments with different ecosystems, socialise Citi’s last mile payments and collections strategy and access alternate networks.
Concentrate on Current and Evolving Sub-Sectors of the Government:
- Aligning to Citi’s target market criteria, develop a strategic approach concentrating on the following:
- Ministries, SOE and Govt Agencies
- Pension Funds
- Infrastructure / Govt Intervention
- Central Treasury Departments
- Development Banks
- Revenue Collection Agencies
- Central Bank coverage will continue under Citi’s Financial Institution (FI) division and the Donor / Non-Profit coverage will continue under the Citi Global Subsidiaries Group division.
- Create more alignment to limited interaction with local governments – especially Pension Funds – where specific countries have not been able to show significant growth.
Develop new digital-impact strategy against developing themes:
- Digital Reform – help to address the legal, policy and regulatory bottlenecks limiting the development of the digital economy and economic value. Create value through understanding and advisory best- – – -practice.
- Digital Investment – explore the TTS role in wider Smart-strategies, align on all Government Visions and Digital Policies, alignment on Government-to-citizen engagement, and integrate with Cyber Security concerns.
- Digital Collaboration – assist with Private Sector partnerships and idea exploration, utilize the Citi network with Development Agencies, push to liaise better with the U.S. agencies investing and collaborating across SSA.
- Stronger alignment to Citi’s Innovation-Focus (including Innovation Labs) through network alignment, best-practice sharing, product deep-dive reviews and investment opportunities.
- Focus on emerging ESG-related themes with Governments and impact-investing, align on core strategies for inclusive finance and collaborate with relevant agencies to explore where TTS can be more participatory.
Drive the Service Quality Process at the client level:
- Be the client advocate to ensure client issues are addressed promptly working with partners in client delivery and operations and utilise client forums such as Client-at-Risk and Deal-at-Risk to facilitate resolution where necessary.
- Be responsible for driving superior TTS client satisfaction, providing client feedback on product, process and service needs to the wider TTS partnership tracking accountability and change where needed.
- Take ownership, lead and track specific customer issues/problems including pricing and billing issues and work with the customer and internal departments until issues are resolved.
- Responsible for driving quality, compliant presentations and RFP-responses across PS SSA.
Qualifications – Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment
- Minimum – University Degree
- Treasury certifications preferable;
- Graduate or post graduate studies in public policy / development.
- 10+ years of African Government or Government-related experience, advisory or collaboration.
- Experience preference with Ministry of Finance and Treasury departments.
- Must have strategic transformation and planning experience, preferably with digital policy development.
- Familiarity with Public Sector organisational construct, engagement and landscape in SSA.
- Experience with a geographically dispersed and complex matrix organisation.
- Proven experience in delivering results and meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Risk assessment/credit experience (preferred) and analysis of product metrics and balance sheets is positive.
- Proven interaction / credibility with seniors within organisation (e.g. Govt Officials, CFO, Directors).
- Experience with presentation standards, RFP-responses, proposals, persuasive marketing.
- English and French fluency preferred
- Public speaking and persuasive writing to multiple people / groups is required.
- Knows how to “leverage the network” and interact professionally with colleagues from all divisions.
- Strong and demonstrated, communication, influence and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of cash management and trade products (vanilla/complex);
- “Can do” attitude, dynamic, high energy levels with strong initiative.
- Committed, trusted team player with the ability to interact with Relationship Managers, Unit Heads, Operational hubs, Credit Chain, EMEA coverage/sales teams.
- Self-starter, Adaptable, Team player.
- Proven ability to deliver and exceed on stretch goals.
- Multi-cultural exposure.
- Motivating team members.
- Knows how to leverage a global organisation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Previous Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment
Job Title: Teller
Job Req ID: 21368317
Time Type: Full-time
Job Family Group: Operations – Transaction Services
Job Family: Cash Management
- Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility.
- It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
Responsibilities for Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- The Teller is an entry-level role responsible for processing varied cash & trade operation tasks in coordination with the Transaction Services team.
- The overall objective is to perform multiple processing activities of limited complexity in a fast-paced environment while focusing on quality, details and accuracy.
- Apply detailed processing knowledge to deliver efficient customer service that meets quality standards
- Perform limited complexity transaction duties / Cash & Trade Operation tasks under general supervision
- Complete processing activities related to compliance and control
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed.
- Assist new team members with procedural tasks
- Contact internal and external customers on a frequent basis
- Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Education / Experience:
- B.Sc – First Degree.
- 1 year of relevant experience.
- Pass basic induction and operations training.
- You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team.
- Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information every day which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
How to Apply Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
Interested and qualified candidates should click the Apply button below to Apply for Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers:
Click here to apply
- Citi is an equal-opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
- The qualifications of qualified applicants will be taken into consideration without regard to their race or colour, religion or national origin; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity; disability; or status as a protected veteran will be taken into account.