Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was included in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest worldwide financial institution within the nation. It supplies a variety of monetary services to company and industrial clients, monetary establishments and public sector organizations. It gives deposit and mortgage merchandise, international transaction providers, money administration, gross sales and buying and selling, company finance and funding banking merchandise.
The firm was previously generally known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and altered its identify to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in whole property. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the place of:
Job Title: Credit Risk Senior Analyst, AVP / VP
Job Req ID: 21295632
Job Category: Risk Management
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Collaborating with the Business Heads, as vital, on an ongoing foundation on credit score and course of associated points.
- Providing coaching assist to junior analysts/RM’s.
- Participate within the formulation and implementation of the nation’s enterprise and danger technique.
- Co-ordinating the annual ICAAP course of with Finance, for the nations which have cut-over to ICAAP within the cluster.
- Timely and good high quality preliminary, interim and annual credit score evaluations which adjust to institutional and regulatory pointers.
- Acting because the anchor useful resource within the preparation of adhoc reports as required by exterior seniors and different international reporting models.
- Analysis of complicated transactions, clients and industries together with FIs, syndications, acquisitions and different Corporate Finance/Treasury initiatives; giving educated coverage steering on identical.
- Conducting trade credit score evaluations (ICRs) and Target Market research
- Obtaining the required credit score approvals and guaranteeing approvals are present
- Early drawback recognition, monitoring recognized danger triggers and elevating credit score crimson flags
- Ensuring the implementation of agreed motion steps recognized to deal with credit score points (together with points raised by credit score reviewers, Internal Audit, regulators and so on)
- Maintaining buyer inter-face and creating trade contacts; common credit score calls on clients
- Monitoring occasions within the native and international atmosphere; understanding of influence on financial institution’s credit score property
- Undertake particular duties assigned by CRM
- Prepare stress checks and speedy portfolio evaluations.
- Acting because the back-up to the Country Risk Manager in offering protection for Nigeria & West Africa with respect to credit score evaluations cum approvals.
- Coordinate danger trainings of the junior analysts and relationship managers on an ongoing foundation.
Knowledge / Experience
- Master’s Degree or Professional qualification.
- Basic coaching in enterprise accounting and finance
- Attendance of Basic Credit and Intermediate Credit
- Knowledge of institutional and regulatory credit score insurance policies
- Industry Knowledge
- Product Knowledge (together with Cash Management, Trade, Treasury & Corporate Finance)
- 15 years banking expertise.
- Numerate; sturdy analytical expertise
- Strong laptop expertise
- People Management Skills
- Good trade contacts
- Strong Industry and Markets Knowledge
- Product Knowledge , together with however not restricted to Cash Management, Trade Finance, Treasury/Derivatives and Corporate Finance.
- Professional accounting certification is an added benefit.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal alternative and affirmative motion employer.
- Qualified candidates will obtain consideration with out regard to their race, coloration, faith, intercourse, sexual orientation, gender id, nationwide origin, incapacity, or standing as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi