Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus

Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus

An Arizona man died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate in an attempt to protect himself from becoming infected with the coronavirus. The man’s wife also ingested the drug, and is currently under critical care.

The drug chloroquine is used to treat malaria, and some early research suggests it may be useful in treating COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus.

 

“Given the uncertainty around COVID-19, we understand that people are trying to find new ways to prevent or treat this virus, but self-medicating is not the way to do so,” Dr. Daniel Brooks, medical director for Banner Poison and Drug Information Center, said in a statement.

 

A press release from Banner Health, based in Arizona, said the husband and wife, both in their 60s, took an additive called chloroquine phosphate used to clean fish tanks, to try to prevent coronavirus.

Within half an hour, both needed to seek emergency medical care. The man later died.

ALSO READ : Tragic As Nigerian Senator, Rose Oko Dies In UK Hospital

During a press conference last week, President Trump touted the drug for its potential, however the Food and Drug Administration later said it had not approved chloroquine for the coronavirus, and that much more study was needed.

Source: MSN

 

CLICK TO CONNECT WITH US.

1,723FansLike
600,234FollowersFollow
356FollowersFollow

Got A News , Looking for Workers, Press Release, Sponsored Publication or Advert Placement? Send To Us Via Email: [email protected].com or Call : 07033247217  


SCAM ALERT :  No Genuine Employer will Ask for MONEY to employ you.


 

TYPE HERE TO QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS & NEWS


Click Here To Get Latest Jobs In Your Inbox Everyday

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.