Alhaji Mohammed Hussaini, the Nasarawa State Chairman of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), was assassinated.
In Garaku, a town in the Kokona Local Government Area of Nasarawa state, he was reportedly killed alongside the Toto local government chairman of MACBAN, Mallam Mohammed Umar.
According to our sources, Mallam Mohammed Umar was sitting with Alhaji Mohammed Hussaini when gunmen stormed the building and opened fire.
“They were killed inside the market garage because it was market day in Garaku yesterday. The State Chairman was shot in the head and chest several times before he died. When the gunmen shot the Toto LGA Chairman, he was attempting to escape. They arrived in a white Hilux with no licence plate (sic) and fired bullets at the Chairmen. He mentioned that the incident occurred at 7:30 p.m.
Our source learned that the two chairmen were likely meeting to discuss modalities for the association’s state election, which is scheduled for later this year.
According to some members of the association, the organisation has become polarised in the run-up to the election, with different strong interests vying for attention.
In a press release, Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Ramhan Nansel confirmed the incident, saying that gunmen suspected of being Fulani Bandits attacked and killed Alhaji Mohammed Hussaini, the Miyetti Allah State Chairman, and Mallam Mohammed Umar, the Chairman, Miyetti Allah of Toto LGA at Garaku market.
“Unknown gunmen suspected to be Fulani Bandits attacked and killed one Mohammed Hussaini, Chairman, Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Nasarawa State, and Mohammed Umar, Chairman, Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Toto LGA, at Garaku market on 2/4/2021 at around 1930hrs.
Police Response to MIYETTI ALLAH Chairman’s Death
“The Commissioner of Police, CP Bola Longe, quickly dispatched Operation Puff Adder II staff to the scene where the two corpses were retrieved and brought to the hospital; the corpses were deposited at Anthony memorial Mortuary for post Mortem review after being confirmed dead by a medical doctor,” he said.
According to ASP Nansel, the Commissioner of Police is devastated by the incident and has expressed his condolences to the families of the victims.
The PPRO assured members of the public that the Police Command will do everything in its power to bring the perpetrators of the heinous act to justice, while also urging them to always provide valuable information to the police that will help them better serve the people.
# MIYETTI ALLAHNews Today
Pay Attention To:
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise