The Nigerian Code of Conduct Bureau says the level of compliance with the declaration of assets by public office holders in the country is not encouraging at all.
Prof. Mohammed Isah, Chairman of the bureau, disclosed this when he featured on News Agency of Nigeria Forum in Abuja.
According to Mohammed, even though there is an improvement from what it used to be in time past, there is need for all public officers to know that they are duty bound to declare their assets.
“What we met that used to be the level of compliance has now risen to a certain level, the nature of the subject that we are expected to cover is too wide.
“Under part two of the fifth schedule of the 1999 constitution provides that from the President, Vice President, Governors, Deputy Governors, members of the National Assembly, members of House of Assembly, Ministers, Commissioners and all Chairmen of all Parastatals and Agencies of Federal and State governments, Military, Police, Immigration, Customs, Prisons, Political Office Holders and all Federal, States and Local Government civil servants all of them are public officers.
“And, our main predicament is the issue of enlightenment people have little or no knowledge about their obligations or relations to compliance to with the Code of Conduct for public officers.
“So, the level of compliance is not encouraging at all,’’ he said.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august