Alhaji Tijjani Ibrahim Kiyawa, the All Progressive Congress (APC) senatorial candidate for Jigawa Central, has died.
He died in a Chinese hospital after being admitted to a private clinic in the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja and flown to China.
Ibrahim served in the House of Representatives for two terms, representing the Dutse/Kiyawa Federal Constituency.
After losing his election in 2015, he defected to the ruling APC.
Jigawa Governor Abubakar Badaru expressed shock over the incident in his condolence message.
The late Kiyawa was described by the Governor as “a man of honour, a great leader, and a role model to the younger generation, who has sacrificed his entire life to serve the common man.”
“The death of Tijjani Ibrahim Gaya has come as a shock to me and the people of Jigawa state.” Every soul must experience death. “Our prayer is always for a happy ending, and no doubt our brother has had a happy ending after battling a long illness,” the Governor said.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications