An explosion hit a Catholic church during Palm Sunday celebrations, leaving at least 14 injured.
In a press conference, national police spokesperson Argo Yuwono said the suspected suicide bombing occurred outside the Sacred Heart of Jesus Cathedral in Makassar city, Sulawesi island, at about 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, just after mass had ended. The majority of the casualties are security guards and worshippers.
The new blast follows a series of attacks on churches in 2018, which killed more than a dozen people and prompted President Joko Widodo to call for tougher anti-terror legislation. After its independence in 1945, Indonesia, which has the world’s largest Muslim community, has fought extremism.
Two people on a motorcycle attempted to enter the churchyard but were stopped by security when the explosion occurred, according to initial reports on the latest attack, Yuwono said.
Source : Bloomberg
Pay Attention To:
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc