Catholic Bishops of Lagos Ecclesiastical Province, Gov Okowa and Lagos Elders Council have criticised the decision of the Federal Government to establish cattle colonies across the country.
Okowa, who spoke in Abuja, yesterday, said his state was in need of land and did not have any to donate for cattle colonies.
He told Sunday Vanguard that the pragmatic approach his administration had adopted by appointing a Fulani man as his Special Assistant and the constant interaction with the Hausa community had helped to reduce tension in Delta.
The Catholic Bishops of Lagos Ecclesiastical Province, comprising of the Archdiocese of Lagos and the Dioceses of Ijebu Ode and Abeokuta, after a prayerful deliberation on issues of importance to the church and the nation, in a communiqué signed by their Secretary, Most Rev. Peter Kayode Odetoyinbo, and President, LEP Bishops, Most Rev. Alfred Adewale Martins, argued that the issue of cattle colonies “is not only capable of further exacerbating an already tensed atmosphere, but also leave one with the impression that the much-touted Islamization agenda of Nigeria is an ongoing project that may have tacitly received the approval of Mr. President.”
The Lagos Elders Council, in a statement in Lagos by its General Secretary, Chef Sunbo Onitiri, said the move to establish cattle colonies for private businesses will not work in Lagos State. “It is a way to create confusion and misunderstanding between state governments which hold the land in trust for their people and the Federal Government in future”, the statement said.
The group wondered why such suggestion was being made by the Federal Government in favour of Fulani herdsmen who have been blamed for attacks on pastoral farmers across the country.
“Such a proposal is a time-bomb which might later blow Nigeria out of existence”, the elders warned, saying it is a northern agenda.
The Voice of Freedom Network, a pressure group in Delta State, condemned a member of the House of Representatives, Aishatu Dukku, who was quoted as saying Fulani herdsmen were created to value the lives of their cattle more than human life, describing the lawmaker’s position as “an insult to the human race”.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august