The Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, CBCN, has warned politicians to desist from using religion and ethnicity to divide Nigerians. Augustine Akubueze, the President of CBCN, handed this warning to politicians, saying “enough of your deceit.” Speaking in Sokoto yesterday, Akubueze also urged Nigerians not to despair despite the challenges facing the country. He said only those who “confront their challenges achieve the desired goals.”
The CBCN president also warned youths against engaging in fraudulent acts.
“We want to use this medium to warn politicians who are instigating hatred and division by using religion and ethnicity to desist forthwith. “We say to these politicians enough of your deceit. They steal our money while they distract us with religion,” he said. Akabueze however called on the Federal Government to place more emphasis on ending the conflict between herdsmen and farmers in the country.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines